A tribute to the courageous chiefs and warriors who fought to protect their people and preserve the Native way of life in the face of European expansion across North America:
· Sequoyah, a Cherokee who invented a system of writing for his people
· Sitting Bull, the powerful warrior and spiritual leader of the Lakota Sioux who doggedly fought white incursions on Sioux land
· Chief Joseph, who led the Nez Perce on a heroic and doomed flight to freedom
· Louis Riel, who was hanged as a traitor after fighting to protect Métis rights
· Red Cloud, who fought with Sitting Bull to prevent settlers from crossing Sioux lands
· Quanah Parker, the last great chief of the Comanche.