Taking a refreshing and practical approach, The Path to Wild Foods is an ethical field guide and recipe book that promotes respect for the natural world and for the cultures that effectively use it. Written by an accomplished ethnobotanist and educator, this book will rekindle an interest in natural foods, including taking best advantage of “nature’s pharmacy” for medicinal plant use. Learn to feed and heal yourself with the natural plants all around you:
• Rekindles interest in wild foods with an appreciation of the adventure and flavours to be found along the way
• Examines respect for nature and finding ways to feed ourselves without the supermarket
• Includes various plant types from trees and shrubs to herbs and wetland plants
• Describes a variety of parkland and prairie plants along with potential uses and recipes
• Identifies poisonous plants to avoid
• Discusses respect for nature, growing plants in an ecologically supportive way
• Explores the wisdom of Indigenous leanings and teachings.