BACK COPY, 19-APR-17 — Super Explorers want to show you the ships and boats of the world, from the smallest dinghy to the largest cruiseship.
• Barques were used 5000 years ago in Ancient Egypt, but they looked a bit different than the ones we have today.
• Longships were Viking ships and could sail forward and backward.
• Harmony of the Seas, the biggest cruise ship, can carry 5400 passengers and 2300 crew
• In one minute, a fireboat can pump enough water to fill 1000 bathtubs.
• Hovercrafts travel on a cushion of air over water, land or ice.
• An aircraft carriers is like a floating airport.